Combine values in list to a new reduce list

Hi, am trying to filter a list of string layer names from all the objects in modelspace. So, my list have for example 120 repeated “0” values. My name goal is to create a clean list of all the layers with objects on modelspace. I am not sure how to combine rows with the same value. Any ideas i would appreciate, thanks.

List.UniqueItems

I tried that node but didn’t work.

Either flatten the list first or set the level on List.UniqueItems to @L2.

2 Likes

Flatten the list did the trick. Thank you Mzjensen

:grinning:

Hah! You beat me. I was just about to suggest flattening the list. Easy fix :slight_smile:

This would be the secondary solution. Click on the arrow on the “List.UniqueItems” node and select “Use Levels”. Set this to @L2.

Thank you for the alternative solution. i wondering if there is a cleaner way to filter the layer name of all the objects currently in modelspace. This script i am working on is to be use in the creation of a legend.

You could also try the legend nodes that are built into the Civil 3D Toolkit. Might save some time.

1 Like

There is probably a way to select all objects but I am unsure of how. You could replace the “Objects Types” node with a list of the different types. To keep all of those in one node.

That works better and its cleaner. I didn’t know you can list it like that. Thanks

1 Like

I saw that but i can’t find examples on using those nodes

there is no documentation because it could not be simpler

2 Likes

Thank you Paolo for the example. The typical legend we create are based on the items in model space but its a dummy legend. Just text, lines, hatches and some blocks. they have to constantly be updated manually so i wanted to try to create a dynamo legend that updates the legend with one click.

please post the dwg file