Combine multiple transactions into one

Hi guys, Is there a way to combine multiple transactions into a single one in Dynamo? I use Element.Rotate node from OpenMEP package but maybe its transaction are the quantity of the Element input. I don’t want it like that because if there’re a huge number of the elements (maybe hundreds or thousands elements), it will have the same quantity of transactions. How can I avoid that? I would appreciate with your advices. Thank you.

@Luffy11 there is such node in the GeniusLoci package if I am not mistaken, give it a try

Hi @Elie.Trad . Can you give me a keyword so that I can find it?

Happy to hear this from you, which is also a great pain with Dynamo design for many years, I have updated the new OpenMEP version package support with node name Rotatemultiple.

Hi @chuongmep . Thank you for replying. I have installed the new version but perharp there’s an issue with the Element.RotateMultiple node. As you can see in the screenshots below, it seems like each element in the input is rotated 6 times (with the same quantity of the vectors input) although I didn’t change the “Level” of list, and the lacing is still “Auto” mode. And the problem with the transaction is still there. Can you help me with this?

Hi @Luffy11 , you want rotate 5 element with 5 vector axis is not same ?

@chuongmep Yes, that’s exactly what I want. However, I can adjust the Level of list and the Lacing to get the expected result. The problem that I want to fix is the transaction. Do you have any ideas to merge them into a single one?

Just update package for that, wait me a second to modify and publish a new version for this, you can keep format no need to adjust level of list

2 Likes

@chuongmep yeah sure, thank you for your support.

you can follow this action to get latest release : update rotate node · chuongmep/OpenMEP@bbce4e2 · GitHub

1 Like

this is file sample for that :
Element.RotateMultiple.dyn (12.7 KB)

hi @chuongmep , I’ve tried the latest version, it worked well. Thank you for your contribution to the community. Keep it going.

1 Like

congratulations :melting_face:

hi @chuongmep , sorry for bothering you again. I didn’t check the result carefully. I’ve found an issue that the first element has always been rotated to some where far away. I don’t have this issue when using the Element.Rotate node but the Element.RotateMultiple does. Can you please take a look at it?

I tested from my side but don’t have any problem. It is good if you can share your problem with file sample in forum to help ?

1 Like

@chuongmep that’s weird. Because when I use Element.Rotate node, it works well except the transaction but there’s a problem with Element.RotateMultiple. I really want to share the relating files but there’re some information about the project so that I can’t share it here. The transaction is not a big deal so maybe I’ll keep using Element.Rotate node in my graph. I’m truly appreciated with your help.

1 Like