Code node does not appear in dynamo

Code node does not appear in dynamo, reference image

It depends on what kind of node it is.
If it’s a node that can be written as a design script then you can go from node to code but if it’s a node made by C#, then it can’t be translated in to code. That is the differents between the nodes that you have in your picture.

I don’t get the option with any node

There is a difference if you right click on the node or between in.
As you see in my example I get the Node to Code in the second picture when I right click between the nodes but it doesn’t appear if I right click in the nodes in the first picture.
In the second picture you also see that Dynamo create the Code script from the nodes

@Angel76 Node to Code will not work for all the Nodes. There is a limitation but I don’t know the limitation. Might be @solamour will explain.

Reasons node to code might not work:

• Some nodes don’t have names which track to the actual function calls.
  • Nodes in a function state cannot be converted
  • Nodes who’s class have namespaces conflicts (I have had some issues in Civil 3D)
  • Nodes which require a UI or have a Dynamic UI, such as dropdowns, number sliders, watch nodes, etc.
3 Likes

Exactly as @jacob.small mentioned :blush:

For the majority they are UI nodes which requires user interaction (i.e. Color range or Python nodes) and/or are dynamic (i.e. Watch node ).

C# nodes, also known as ZeroTouch will mostly convert with the aforementioned caveats from Jacob.