Clear Input Value in Nodes

Is there any way to clear Input value of some Nodes (such as Select Model Element Node)?
Because when I reopen Dynamo file, the Input Value is still there, even in different Revit file. Or when I run Dynamo Player, these comes as Default Values on Panel.

For now, each time I want to set it to empty, I select nothing in Revit (Some nodes cannot select nothing) or create a new Node and then set all previous things to it once again (such as Name, Order in Dynamo player panel, Lacing) and of course, it takes time.

Hello,
you can declare it as input your select Model Elements node (so you can choose a new selection from the reader)

Cordially
christian.stan

If you replace the nodes in the Graph so they are empty, do NOT run, and save the Graph. Then as long as each time it gets ran it is not saved it should not retain the elements.

3 Likes

I got that if it is empty, dynamo player will reset nothing each time we reload or open.
But I mean when it actually already has value in Dynamo, how can we set it to nothing?
For Example: Select Model Element Node, how to clear from “Has a value” to “Nothing selected” without changing its order in dynamo player, and renaming it title once again.

This can likely be done by clearing the flag for the node itself in a text editor. Once done the value should stay cleared if only run via Dynamo player.

1 Like