Circular sections with Revit

Hello
I have to make semicircular sectional views.
Revit doesn’t allow me to do what I need, I tried with a Dynamo by downloading a file called “Curve section”.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work with my Revit 2022.1
Circular sections are a big problem with Revit, has anyone found a fix for this?

As i know, the only way to create section is line. You can not creat section from path or circle. Yes it is not cool. I hope we have it

1 Like

I contacted Autodesk Revit customer service, they confirm that the software does not make sections of circular paths. But on Youtube I saw that with Dynamo someone is able to make sections on a circular path.
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqZEI2DOppw&t=339s](revit dynamo create section view Part 1 curved floor 201231 - YouTube)

Hi @ADR
May be this old post help you

1 Like

In my experience solving the same problem I’ve tried two things:

1. What’s shown in your examples - creating an array of sections and sticking it together - we didn’t use that, even though it is a more universal method.
  2. Recreating the curved geometry as unfolded on a Drafting view with Lines - That was used, suiting our needs better. The unfolding was done by remapping the curves from a curved surface correspoding to the curvature of the elements to a planar one.
4 Likes

I agree that option #2 is better. Using cylindrical coordinates can help. Remember you’re deforming your data significantly (why Revit doesn’t do this) so what you see will be a ‘lie’ of sorts.

1 Like