Change material of wall with excel simultaneously

hello
I want to Export wall’s material to excel and then change them in Excel and simultneously import to revit and changed . in the following image the materials export to excel but when the material want to change it does not work. please say some soltion.

thanks. exactly i dont know how can i index layer of material that exported in excel. also there is an error when i pload gragh file that it does not let me to upload that.

Pink nodes mean you’re missing a package. I believe you need clockwork installed.

i have installed clockwork package but i don’t know what node must create to connect layerIndex in Familytype.setcompoundlayermaterial node.

Please send a link to your dyn.

Many many thanks. Link

thanks for your response but i want when I change material in excel it changes in revit automatically. for example when i change Glass instead of Batt Insulation in excel it apply in revit and Changed.
I run your graph but it doesn’t work
Change%20material1

could you draw this graph or which node that i use? because i couldn’t understand it clearly.

Can you show what you have attempted? The purpose of the forums is to help you learn and it’s hard to do that without knowing where you’re getting stuck.

1 Like

Dear JacobSmall
in the following image i have shown what i’m looking for

if you help me i would thank you.

Hi @mojtaba_rezvani72 I think you should really read this post. And read it thoroughly:

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/how-to-get-help-on-the-dynamo-forums/4677

Especially Point 7 is key.

1 Like

I know, but I really got stuck in this case.

But it seems you have not even tried yet if the sketch is all you have

1 Like

@mojtaba_rezvani72 - the graph which @erfajo built up above should do this. Rebuild it and let us know where you get stuck.

as you see in the following image i try it but this gragh doesn’t work and some list is empty or null.

Can you enable previews of the codeblock?

Try running this in 1.3.2 instead. May be that the clockwork node in question needs an update.

1 Like

as you see in the following images, I have exported materials of Wall Category in Excel and then change material in excel then imported by Data.ImportExcel node.
the question are: 1. According to this graph, only the material of a wall changes, how can we change the material of other walls?
2. According to this graph, we need to determine the LayerIndex (in FamilyType.SetCompoundLayerMaterial node) of wall’s matterial by Code Block node, there is a way that the LayerIndex can be automatically read according to the cell that changes in Excel.

Thanks for this Script.

I have used a couple of scripts to do a repetitive change on 22 models, thanks for the info.RHD-DYN-REV-RedSea_Wall_Floor Changes.dyn (97.8 KB)