Change "Material By Original" parameter for part?

Hi y’all,

I new to dynamo and this forum, so please bear with me. :slight_smile:
I’m trying to change the “Material By Original” Y/N Parameter on a wall part, this is what I got:

The funny thing is that it’s actually doing as I tell it to do, even though it says, “operation failed”.
Does anybody know why and how to “fix” this?

Thank you in advance,
Anders Voergaard

Shot in the dark here:

Boolean values are stored in Dynamo differently than Revit. Try feeding a 1 or a 0 for the value and see what you get.

1 Like

Hi Jacob,

thanks for your reply.
I read about that somewhere, and I’ve tested it as well, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Any other suggestions? :slight_smile:

Nothing off the top of my head.

Best to post a sample .rvt file which indicates the issue for people to test with. Knowing the versions your in will help too (some things only work in updated software).

Quick update!

I figured out how to get rid of the error, but I’m not quite sure what caused it - I believe it might have something to do with the way Revit handles parts!?

I found that when i sorted my parts there would always be +1 part, let’s say that I split my wall into 15 parts, then my lists would contain 16 parts. Then by running a List.DropItem, on the first part the error would go away.

I also found it funny, that when I searched for the “extra” part in Revit by ID, it wasn’t anywhere to be found, as if it didn’t exist.

I don’t know if you got any take on this @jacob.small , otherwise thanks for your help.