Change Element Workset

Hello everyone. I’m working on automating some workset management. We have a structural analysis program that we have linked with Revit, and we have a parameter that is imported into Revit that contains information on which workset the element belongs on. I have figured out how to filter the elements and separate them based on the workset they belong on, as well as how to retrieve the workset IDs that I want to set each list of elements to. I must be missing something, however, because all of the elements that I pass through my final node remain unchanged. I have read through several other threads on the topic, and I think what I have should work - any ideas?

Hi @jason.markgraf

Try using OOTB node “SetParameterByName” node and see if that works for you.

Thanks Kulkul, that was the first method I tried and I get this warning:

“Warning: Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
The best overloaded method match for ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, double)’ has some invalid arguments”

So I went to the Element.SetWorkset node hoping I could get around the error.

Edit: I added the Element.GetParameterValueByName node to check the workset that my elements are on, and it is giving a Workset ID number, not a name - could that have something to do with it?

@jason.markgraf

@Kulkul

Looks like they are WorksetIDs.

Yes convert those WorksetIDs to double. Do you know how to do that?

Can I convert them to a string and then to a double? Is there a more direct way?

Edit: Got it, thanks so much for your help!

@jason.markgraf Please mark the post as solved. You’re welcome!

I’m trying to do the same…here is what i have so far…
I’m still learning so please guide me thru this.

what i want to do is move all the linked model into the selected workset but its not working.

I get the same error message.
Anybody can help please???

1 Like

Hey Kulkul,
I just want to know is it possible in dynamo to change the old revit model in new updated one. Like if i have change the column size then automatically its footing/beam/wall will be updated according to that ??

Hi there,

There is a YouTube Video which I learnt from

Dynamo - Assign Elements into Worksets

Hope this is helpful

Don’t feed the name of the Parameter as Value
(i believe it should be a number or some sort).