Change color and fill of dynamo inserted sphere in Revit

Hi,

Not getting my head around if what I want is possible. There are quite often issues that are around at different coordinates in a big drawing. I might, for example collect the elements’ coordinates to an excel file that I can read in and then place large, red spheres at these locations to get a good overview and very easily find these locations.

Getting a simple sphere in seems to be easy, but I have no idea of how I could possibly change the color or fill/transparency of it. Now it is almost transparent and has a very dim, blue line.

You’re not actually creating a Revit element right now. You’re seeing your Dynamo geometry in Revit preview. You can convert Dynamo geometry to Revit geometry with a DirectShape.

I would recommend using Springs.DirectShape.ByGeometry to convert to a Revit element. Then you can use Element.OverrideColorInView to change the color.

However, if your end goal is something like clash detection or issue tracking, I would suggest creating a family that you can place and control rather than using “dumb” geometry. Just search for “clash detection” on the forums if you need any help or inspiration. There are a lot of good posts covering this topic.

1 Like