Change Callout change Reference other view

Hi all
i Read this Topic ( Callout change parent view ) but i didn’t find any answer for @3Pinter question what i need to do is to change the ( Reference other view )

thanks
sarah

See what your options for parameters to set are with an Element.Parameters node.

1 Like

I don’t think there is API for accessing that functionality. You can certainly create a new callout that references another view. There is a static constructor on SectionView class that allows you to do that, but these callouts once created don’t offer any API that would allow you to change the view that they are referencing. At least I couldn’t find anything. Maybe one possible way to go about this, would be to delete the existing callout, and just create a new one that references the view that you want to reference.

@Konrad_K_Sobon, Looks like you can do it with a Utility class ChangeReferencedView()

https://www.revitapidocs.com/2016/e62f67ee-ee95-8ffb-7896-22cce7280066.htm

2 Likes

hi @SeanP
First of all thanks for your reply
i have one issues which is i didn’t know python language
so if there is another way to do it without using python i will be so thankful
thanks
sarah

hi @Konrad_K_Sobon
the problem is i need to change the ref for 48 callout i search for the best way to do that in a short time
if there is noway to do this with dynamo i will do what you said
thanks
sarah

Great find @SeanP!

Now that we know there is indeed API for that, we can do so with a few new nodes that I added to archi-lab.net:

So in the image above I am selecting the view that has the callouts. In this case its Level 1:

Then we are changing both of these callouts to reference the same view:

Cheers!

9 Likes

Now @Konrad_K_Sobon, that’s what we call service!!

1 Like

I am so thankful @Konrad_K_Sobon
This was very helpful
Sarah