Center of gravity from walls, floors

Hi all,

I would like to have a script that I could use for putting a symbol family on walls or floors to detect the center of gravity so we could positioning exact the lifting elements on the prefab wall or floor.
Example for walls, kinda something like the red square symbol that locates the gravity point on the front side of the wall

Or on floorplates, that locates the gravity point on the top side

Got the forumula and calculation method you use for COG?

For a normal rectangular wall we use just a simple formule: Total length x 10/5. Total length as in the screenshot would be 383cm. The calculated result we use as distance from the left and right side to place the lifting elements. When the wall is not rectangular anymore as in the screenshot, I make a export from the view to autocad and redraw the contour with a polyline. In this area I can see then where the geometric point is in autocad.
From that point I draw then a circle and look where the circle hits the top side of the wall to put the lifting elements.

For a floorplate I use the same simple formula for putting 4 lifting elements. And when the floorplate is not rectangular I do export it also the same like with the walls to autocad.

Can you show this as I’m not familiar with what you’re after.

In the screenshot you can see a floorplate I have exported to autocad and there I redraw the contour of the plate with a polyline so I have a closed area. In the object snaps I can turn on the geometric point, so I can search it for this plate. From this center point I draw a circle, on this circle contour we put the lifting elements marked with ‘f’.

If this drawing would be a concrete wall, I just do the same and use the yellow circle for positioning the lifting elements on the top side of the wall.

If we could get that same geometric point for walls, floors in revit like in autocad we would be already very happy.

So you’re making the assumption that the weight is evenly distributed? :grimacing:

What would you suggest then?