Ceiling Tiles [Solved]

sure, here’s an updated picture.

@madeleineholm

There is a different between the picture that i sent to you and the one u did, i took the input from different place !!!. i think you should pay attention before asking :rofl:

You are so right, Im sorry! The script worked fine now and created the lines in Revit :smiley: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @Mohammad_Nawar
I am quite new to Dynamo and still learning. Just found your topic and was trying to apply your design script to my project. However it started to show some issue from beginning on Plane.Origin node. Just would like to confirm that I was using correct nodes.
Here is description:
Warning: Plane.Origin expects argument type(s) (Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Plane), but was called with (Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.CoordinateSystem).
I also attached snapshots with a full graph and that particular node.
Thanks,
svetadiv

Hi @svetadiv

Use the below script

Tiles Counting v1.dyn (97.3 KB)

Hi @Mohammad_Nawar
Thank you for you prompt respond. I downloaded your script and tried to run it on a simple model. However it still did not work for me, run has started and could not complete. So, I had to end a task manually. Could it be anything it should be done or checked out in advance? Cheers,
svetadiv

Could it be the units in my project? I am using metric. Cheers,
svetadiv

Yes that’s true i beleive the issue that you are facing due to wrong input, so as you see in the picture below.

you need to feed the right input for the x and y value for example i was using tiles 2x4 so the inputs as in the above picture in your case if the tiles 200X300 you need to replace 2 and 4 with 200 and 300. i hope that was clear, let me know if you still facing any issue

Hi @Mohammad_Nawar
Thank you again. When I changed the size for tiling it started to work. However, there is a warning again on a big code block node. Here it is:

Warning: Method ‘Flatten’ has been deprecated, please use method ‘DSCore.List.Flatten’ instead
Method ‘Flatten’ has been deprecated, please use method ‘DSCore.List.Flatten’ instead
Method ‘Flatten’ has been deprecated, please use method ‘DSCore.List.Flatten’ instead
Method ‘Count’ has been deprecated, please use method ‘DSCore.List.Count’ instead

As a result I got that in Revit and it seemed to be not finalised. Do you have any idea how to remove that warning? Or do you think it does not make any difference?
Cheers,
svetadiv

Doesn’t make any difference, but what you are trying to get from that script ?

I would like to apply that tiling to the ceiling creating line work in Revit. I believe I just need to follow up with your post to introduce additional nodes for that. Cheers,
svetadiv

1 Like

Hi @Mohammad_Nawar
Thank you for sharing your script.
Why do I still get this error when I have installed the “Testing Waters” package ?
And my Dynamo version is 2.0.2 .
I would really appreciate any help.

1 Like

Hi @AnnieWang,

it is under clockwork package.

1 Like

Hi @Chicharito
I really appreciate your help.

Hi @Mohammad_Nawar
Your first issue is counting the tiles in ceiling , but I couldn’t get this information . I download "Tiles Countitng V1.dyn (97.3KB) and run it . Should I download another script ? Many Thanks!

Sorry for late replay try the below script

Tiles Counting v1.dyn (97.3 KB)

Hi @Mohammad_Nawar again
Thanks for your reply.
I dont’ find any different between new script and previous script. I guess I don’t know how to check the number of tiles with different dimensions. Would you do me a favor? Many Thanks !

Hi @AnnieWang

Please share a sample for your case

I installed Testing Waters package but still cannot find the Surface.DivideByIsolineGrid node.

I’m using Dynamo 1.3 BTW

Download the script you will find the code embedded