Catchment area from objects by Dynamo

Hello everyone,

I want to know if there’s a way to create catchment area from objects with dynamo to optimize the process on my company, because here we define several catchment areas with polylines on industrial plants and after we need to transform each polyline to a catchment area with Civil 3D command, this need to be one by one, because Civil 3D don’t let to select all polylines and do a batch conversion.

I have Civil 3D toolkit and the others essencials for Dynamo on Civil 3D, and none of them has this node, and I have zero knowledge on Python, but I think there is a way, because it’s a current command on Civil 3D, it’s impossible that Dynamo can’t do this.

Thanks in advance.

How come you don’t use scope boxes?

You could select the polylines manually … Then get geometry location and check to see if the location points are inside the polylines.

If you were using scope boxes or site property lines you can select them in Dynamo by name.

You can’t name polylines.

Check camber package

1 Like

Hi @rogerio.jacob,

Try this node in the Camber package.

The boundary input requires a Dynamo polygon (or a list of them). There are various ways that you can create polygons from AutoCAD polylines. Check around the forum for some inspiration.

1 Like

I believe that scope boxes are only for Revit, am I wrong? Don’t believe this will work with Civil 3D.

Please, correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks a lot! I will see this node, I think that I ignored this, I believe this will be my solution!

Ah, sorry, I need to learn to read more carefully :person_facepalming:

Hi @mzjensen,

When I pass a list of polygons to the boundary input the node returns multiple identical catchments in the shape of the first selected polyline. Should I be using different nodes to make this work? Thanks.