Can't see or access the samples folder in Dynamo 2.19.3

In the mentioned Dynamo version I’m not getting the samples list in the home screen, I checked the roaming folder and there is no samples folder there. I only get “show samples in folder” in that section, and when I click on it, it takes me to my desktop.

Should I just create an empty samples folder somewhere myself?

Might be required… what is the context for this? Sandbox? Dynamo for Revit? Dynamo for Civil? Something else? How did you install it?

Basic built-in Dynamo for Revit in Revit 2024. Dynamo version 2.19.3

I actually tried to add a samples folder and a .dyn file manually to
%appdata%\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.19\Samples\en-US\!Templates
and
C:\ProgramData\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\2.19\Samples\en-US\!Templates
but it still did not work.

I was reading here as I got the same issue but I found that my dynamo now points out to the en-GB folder instead of en-US, I image that somewhere in the installation file English-GB was setup as language.

Annoyingly we now have to copy all files from US to GB folder as the GB is empty and only US has sample files.

When selecting “show Samples In Folder” is was also taking me to my desktop, however I did go to the sample folder via Help/Samples and that is how I saw that was pointing to the GB folder.

After opening that from the first time, now the “Show Samples In Folder” link of the landing page, takes me always to the folder and not to my desktop.

Is there a way to change the default location of the samples?

1 Like

Great job figuring that out! My samples are now visible again and I know how to control what appears there.

I’d be also interested to know if the default sample files location can be changed. Maybe that could be a question topic for a new post?

my idea would be that those Sample file should be both in the en-US and en-GB folder since they are relevant to both, not only en-US

I also would be interested to know if we can setup the default sample file location, or at least understand why this time it got installed to the GB when before it was US