Cant find the right Archilab package

Hi. I am going through this course by Konrad Sobon (link: tps://thinkparametric.com/courses/create-custom-view-filters-using-dynamo/videos/210) but I am running into a problem. I cant find the right package. I am looking for the ‘Archilab’ package. But in the Dynamo Package Manager I can only find Archi-lab.net (I dont know if its the same?). So I went into the different archi-lab.net package builds and selected 2015.12.10, since I am using Revit2015 and Dynamo 1.2.

At first the package wasn’t visible in the Dynamo library. But i read about this trick to manually drag a .dyf file from the package folder and then it would appear. So i did that and it worked, the package appeared in the library. EXCEPT… (here comes the problem)

It is not the Archilab package which I am looking for that i am seeing. I am looking for the package that is used in the course video in the link above, which is simply called ‘Archilab’, but I am seeing the “Archilab-Grimshaw” package. So it does not have the View Filter nodes, which I am looking for.

Can anyone help me get the right package that is used in the video? Should I download a package for Dynamo build 1.0.0, which Ksobon uses in the video? This would seem unlogical to me…

Help is very much appreciated! Thanks

Hey,

archi-lab.net / Archi-lab_Grimshaw are the same. Archi-lab is the name of Konrad’s own website/blog. The Grimshaw nodes he worked on while working for Grimshaw (since moved to HOK) but they’re what you can consider the ‘main’ archi-lab node package.

Other archi-lab packages include Bumblebee (for Excel interop) and Mandrill (for data visualisation).

I’m using Dynamo 1.2.1 (to enable backwards compatibility to Revit 2015) with archi-lab.net 2016.13.3 and I have the view filter nodes.

Thanks for your help. I have installed archi-lab.net 2016.13.3. I can move on now! Thanks.

how to get archi-lab.net for revit 2015

In order to get Dynamo that’s compatible with Revit 2015, you must install Dynamo 1.2.1. In order to get archi-lab.net package that is compatible with that version of Dynamo you should try versions that have 2015.12.X or potentially 2016.12.X.

Can you upgrade these packages for Revit 202X versions ?