Can not create simple Polygon.ByPoints

Hello to everyone!
I am relatively new and trying to get the grips on Dynamo
The problem that I am facing is that I can not create a rather simple Polygon by points.
When using the code block syntax I am getting the following Failed to construct a polygon from the imput points: ACIS_EXCEPTION_FLT_OVERFLOW – Floating point overflow

When using nodes, I am getting the same (Failed to construct a Polygon from the input points: ACIS_EXCEPTION_FLT_OVERFLOW – Floating point overflow):

Other curves are created without these problems (lines, arcs, polycurves, nurbs, regural polygons etc)
I am using Dynamo Revit 2.16.1.6510
I will appreciate you help.

Hello @Panagiotis and welcome…dont understand why we see 8 points in your image think there should only be 4 or its just me :wink:

Hello @sovitek !
Thank you for your reply! Yes you are right. The other four nodes were created from the code block, which does not create a polygon as well…

arhh i see. does it work if you delete the codeblock…not sure at all, becoarse i cant create that issue here…strange …i try in 2,13 btw

Unfortunately not…

Can’t see your warning message, but it works on my side:

p1 = Point.ByCoordinates(0,0,0);
p2 = Point.ByCoordinates(0,10,0);
p3 = Point.ByCoordinates(10,10,0);
p4 = Point.ByCoordinates(10,0,0);

pts = [p1,p2,p3,p4];

Polygon.ByPoints(pts);

Hi Gavin which version are you in ?

Haven’t got 2023 updated yet due to that massive patch with TM, but this is my 2023 build of Dynamo.

yes the same here,and it work for me as well… @Panagiotis have you tried in a older version ?

øhhh what is TM?

Twinmotion. Landed us with a lovely multi-GB patch.

argg oh yeah very nice thing looking forward to play around with that…thanks :wink:

1 Like

In an older version (2.6.2) both methods work:

1 Like

Allright then we know there probably is a issue with 2.16 here…you could try create an issue on Github,
Issues · DynamoDS/Dynamo · GitHub

1 Like