Can I replace the empty value with the connected value?

Hello,

In my script am I looking for the revit parameter Section.
This parameter is only visible by my pipes and not by my pipe fittings.

But when a take a Pipe Pressure Loss Report I see the sections.

As you can see find dynamo not all of them.
Is there a way to search for hidden revit parameters?

KR,

Jan Willem

I think the parameter are not hidden they don’t have a value so you get a blank space.

3 Likes

When I take a Pipe Pressure Loss Report I see my sections

You can look at the parameter of a element with the node Element.parameters.

Thank you,

When I select the Pipes I see the parameter:
section%20true

And when I select the Pipe Fittings (bend) I don’t see it:

section%20false

I think that is the reason you get blank results because the element doesn’t have the parameter you want get a value from.

So the solution is tot add the parameter to the fittings or filter out the elements that don’t have a value

Yes I got it but this is the weird thing:
When you see my Pipe Pressure Loss Report (see above) I see Sections

Are you Dutch?

That could be coming from the system or connectors. If the element doesn’t have the parameter then you obviously can’t get the parameter directly from the element. You could look into the system or connectors like I mentioned to see if you can get any info from them.

Thank you, do you mean in the family of my Pipe Fittings or search for system/connectors in dynamo?

It wouldn’t be in the family because it’s likely being transferred from the pipe. I would check the piping system first as the connector would likely require some python.

Could be a type vs instance issue here. Try getting the family type from the fittings and check what the value for that is.

1 Like

The section paramater is a Revit parameter and the fittings dont have this parameter.
So I’m trying an other way.

I am missing value in my Section (see below)

Can I replace the empty value with a new value?
I want that the value is the same as the connected pipes. Is this possible?

Somebody?

maybe like that:

1 Like

Thank you, but that’s not the solution yet. As you can see at my script am i filtering by system name and after that by Section, so my pipes do have a Section but my fitting don’t thats the reason that the value is empty.

I need the code of this:

Could you pls upload a sample rvt file. Im not good at MEP.

Ofcourse

You can replace an empty value with your section.
But i don’t know how your fittings and pipes are connected. So i can’t place the right value in it.
For my example i placed “test” into the empty slots.

When you have a list with boolean values you can use the BoolMask node to filter a list by your boolean values.

Maybe this helps…

There are ways to check which fitting is connected to a pipe:

Thank you again, almost, the test needs to be the connected value and i want it automatic.

The links below are out of date :frowning: I need the last link but the image is not visible.