Can I pass a circle-reference Error with a "Try"Statement?

2022-07-12_15h40_21

Hello,

How can i ignore this error.

My script just sets Workset to the correct Element…
It stopps at this Error(Warning)… how can i “ignore” it?

finaly what is a circle-reference? how do i (accidently) generate it?

KR

Andreas

Would you mind translating the error to English? I think I know the one you’re mentioning but I’d like to be sure. Could you also show the rest of your graph (with node previews)?

A circular reference is one where a reference object eventually (if not immediately) refers back to the original object that was referencing it. A loop gets created where Object A can’t change because it’s referencing a value from Object B that’s already referencing the value from Object A.

1 Like

2022-07-12_17h07_10

the script itself has no warning!

I’d take a closer look at those two Wall elements. It’s possible that the circular reference already exists and your graph is merely raising the warning again.

@Nick_Boyts ,

the warning happened in all models that i tested… i will check it. the instances itself.

It could be related to sub-components of certain elements, like compound Walls, but I would have expected read-only style errors instead of circular references.

@Nick_Boyts ,

it is a revit issue and not a dynamo issue… …so i am unable to “pass” this error?

i have around 1500 walls in the project and these 2 Walls block the whole process :confused:

You likely won’t be able to interact with the error window, no. But if you can determine what the actual issue is that’s causing the circular reference then you could check for it in your graph.

1 Like