Camber ExternalLayer.SetColor

@mzjensen

I was working on a script with the Camber package that uses the “ExternalLayer.SetColor” node. However, I am not able to actually get it to set the color for any external DWG layers. Not getting any major errors when using so wondering why my issue might be. The error shown is for a layer name that I typed incorrectly. Below is a screenshot of my script:

Hi @hestingjj,

If you’re wanting to validate that the changes have been made in the other DWG(s), make sure you save your changes first with ExternalDocument.Save or ExternalDocument.SaveCopy.

@mzjensen
Out of curiosity, when this graph is pretty short, it seems to work fine to add the ExternalDocument.Save directly from ExternalDocument.LoadFromFile but do you think it would be better to have a "Waitfor"node if the graph is a bigger one? Just to be sure that the ExternalDocument.Save starts after everything is done?

Short one and works fine

With “Waitfor”-node

@patrick.ericson I would always put in a gate to make sure the execution happens in order, like you’ve done in the “larger” graph. I think you just got lucky with the first example :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, I thought it might be like in the ”big” one.