Calculate Area surface

Dear all.
I have a problem as figue below. The surface node, one active, the other is not. Could you help me this issue?

Is the first value in the second list an empty list or a null? If so there are a few posts about bow to get around this elsewhere on the forum.

1 Like

Hi @erfajo @jacob.small @Vikram_Subbaiah. I tried it and it runs recursively :). But my expected here is how to Surface area node works. I don’t understand why above node works but under node not work.
My goal is to get the area information of an object and then assign it to the parameter’s share. So, I want to keep list structure.
Sorry my english.

http://dynamobim.org/forums/topic/geometry-surface-area/

@D.JohnWick you have a few options then:

1. Replace the Empty lists with an object the function runs on and then remove that value.
  2. Use a code block to force the order of operations to return the correct value.
  3. Use an If statement to perform functions based on a result.

Option 1 and 2 are described here.

I really like the second option which @Aaron_Wagner gives in post #2 of that thread.

when i extract other model then it works. There is something wrong here that I do not understand
Capture3

Hi @jacob.small I understood my problem. As you speak above “Is the first value in the second list an empty list or a null?”

@jacob.small Do you help me to creat a code block for my case? I really did not master it.

I use ReplaceEmpty node to remove Empty and replace ones = 0, but surface area node is also error.

You need to replace it with something that has an area. :wink:

@erfajo I intersect two geometry to get area intersect surface, then set area value to geometry is intersected by share parameter. If i remove all empty list then list structure change, so, i can set to element correspond.

Thank you for your idea :slight_smile: It has some inconvenience

Might be able to just add a single surface to the front and then remove that after getting the area too…

1 Like

Thank you for your idea. it also not working

Hi @erfajo I tried this solution and result in a image below.

I am a new user of dynamo. I dont know how to control data structure to the code block.I need to learn and guide more.

Dynamo Primer and other learning sites could help you to get on the right tracks:
http://dynamoprimer.com/en/06_Designing-with-Lists/6-2_working-with-lists.html

2 Likes

Hello @erfajo,
Where is the node FormWorks Area?

Thanks You,

1 Like

@jacob.small you understand of me, thanks you.