Cad plans to Revit Model using dynamo

I have created one dynamo script for converting AutoCAD plans to Revit 3D model, but it is not catching the exact wall thickness and also at some instances I am getting more than one wall. (What changes should I make
in the script?)

probably some prune duplicates could help for that…but hard to say with that information you give…you know many things can go wrong if you have acad there is not cleaned and valid…for revit…

so try fix it in acad or revit so all locationlines are valid…

Thank you!
Main concern is I am not getting exact wall thickness as per requirement, it is giving same thickness throughout.
Do you have any idea about how I can get exact/proper wall thickness.

try take a look here…Create walls from Cad link lines - #10 by Alban_de_Chasteigner

Thank you!
Will check it…

1 Like

i dont have any cad for try on but here is an exemple…

Revit_lX0adUONYl

Thank you for your kind efforts…!

Lines which you have selected are they CAD lines ?
Cause my main concern is in CAD drawing there are multiple layers and walls having different thickness.

Hi i dont have any cad for try on…so my exemple is for detail lines…it should basically be the same…but again many things can go wrong if your cad lines isnt valid, in my exemple i have 3 different wall thickness

If possible, Can you share the picture of the script so I can study it properly.

sorry dont have it anymore, show where you are stuck, and then we can probably help or try take a look on Albans solution as shown in post #4 as i guess is almost the same

Main concern is it not catching proper wall thicknesses and also creating multiple walls on same instance( getting messed up).
Please have a look and let me know if you have suggestions please

This is my cad plan

Hi could you share that cad, then i can try, but sometimes it can be difficult on cad…depends how its draw and many other things…if you could share then i take a look later as im a little bit busy today, or in the weekend

BX-106-01AR.dwg (445.1 KB)
I have uploaded CAD file over here
Please have a look on it and let me know if you got any solution.
I just want that it should properly catch those wall thicknesses and should not place multiple walls on same instance.

And really thank you for your time,it means allot.

Hi-
This is just an observation based on reading this thread, I have not attempted to open your script or CAD file.

I think you need to add a lot more logic to your script. In CAD, a “wall” is two parallel lines, not a single object like it is in Revit. So you need to figure out which set of lines represents your wall. And you will also need to set/create your wall types based on the distance between the wall lines in CAD. The thread that @sovitek pointed you to has a very detailed example that does this.
(I apologize if you have already tried to do all this. I looked a the image in Post #12 of this thread, but the image doesn’t have node titles so I have to infer- but you are definitely only feeding it one wall type at the wall creation stage, so that is why all your walls are the same.)

There is no magic in Dynamo that will do this for you- you need to examine your CAD file and:

• determine which layers represent the walls and create logic to filter the non-wall lines
  • sort the parallel lines to determine which ones represent both sides of the wall and how long the wall is.
  • figure out the distance between the lines that represent a wall and set the correct wall type to be created in Revit based on that.
  • create the wall based of one or the other of these line (using Revit’s wall justification parameters).
  • If you need them center justified, you will need to create a curve centered between the wall lines and create the walls based on that.

The work that @Alban_de_Chasteigner did in this thread should get you most of the way there.

Good luck,
Joe

Hi @pravin.ghuge i have now take a look on your cad its almost impossible and many things can go wrong for these reason @Joe.Charpentier mention…i guess with some cleaning, filter etc. you could probably get it to work in some places, but it will never be fully automated as the cad is now…

PS you have a lot off overlapping curves thats why you get double walls…so first try clean that up…and be sure all is on the right layer…

1 Like