Bringing a Result from Excel back to a shared Yes/No Parameter

Hi Everyone

I just started with Dynamo since I moved from Access to manage multiple tables with no limit of information (over 255 types of Parameters) and I find Dynamo like the right tool for automatization.

Right now I have a basic excel sheet that contains a drop-down menu that selects β€œX” or NULL, what I want is to drag that information back to Revit via a Yes No shared Parameter for a room.

If the user of the excel sheet selects from the drop-down menu X, I want to write back to Revit a check in the Yes No Parameter from a selected range.

I think is possible to have an if saying "If from the cell A1 from Excel there is an X it means true (1), else false(0) and write back in the Shared parameter β€œTest1_YN”

I tried to create the following code but it gives me that the SetParameter ByName is false, I think is related that there is no clear selection from which room that information will be changed.

I would really appreciate your help
Thanks in Advance

Dynamo Roombook Test2.dyn (16.3 KB)

Samuel

Hi,

My understanding of this is you are putting a string data type into a parameter that is stored as a number.

Try changing the If true and false to numbers instead of strings?

Thanks

Hi Joe

Yes, it was just a matter of changing to numbers

Thank you for your answer.

Samuel

1 Like