Block into table cells or table cell coordinates

I need to insert a blocks into a table cells with different tag numbers. (fyi: the table is being created with autocadtable.create table by arkancesystems). Any ideas? Could I also add the block to the table cells after it is already created using the table handle as the reference between the two section of code?

If this isn’t possible, I could just place the block in the middle of the cell. Is there anyway to find the coordinates of table cells.

Thanks! I am excited to almost have this done.

(I did try to place them behind the cells but when the row changes height, my code doesn’t work. I will include a snip.)

You can add symbols to a table with the Arkance Systems Node Library. You need a list of Blocks and additional data, combined in a list, and transposed.

Here you collect the desired blocks and you combine them with a list of additional data. In the transpose node the data is comined in sets of values that belongs together.

That data is turned into TableRows. You also create TableColumns (headers) and you create a table, which will look like:

If the symbols are too big, you can set the row height with the node SetRowHeight, or change the style (or do the manipultation in Civil 3D once the table exists).

There are no nodes to change the current cells or add data to them, as far as I know/remember.

3 Likes

Thanks Anton. I feel like I am almost there. Your method got the blocks into the table but now I would like to scale the blocks and add attributes. Any ideas. The first snip is what I am getting and the second snip is what I want. Is there anyway to edit the cell reference (3rd snip).

The height of the symbol is managed by the row height, there is a node for that.

It is not possible to edit attributes I think, you refer to a block definition and not a block reference.