BimorphNodes Curve.IntersectAll tolerance exception curve length too small

Hi Thomas,

These nodes are great. I am using your Curve.InteresectAll node on a cad drawing, but I get this error.

Warning: Curve.IntersectAll operation failed.
Curve length is too small for Revit’s tolerance (as identified by Application.ShortCurveTolerance).
Parameter name: endpoints

I guess the length of the curve is too short to produce an intersection, however, when I review the list of curves, I can’t find any curves that would be below the tolerance value for revit.

Any ideas?

Hi @kongGBK9K

Thanks. It could be an artefact produced by the curve conversion method in use (Dynamo curves are converted to Revit API curves for the intersection test). Can you upload your DWG to test?

Yes. I’ll send you the cad file by email if thats ok. The node works on some of the CAD file but not all. Due to the size of the footprint, I’ve had to split the CAD file into smaller layer chunks, as dynamo would quite often crash when trying to delete the duplicate curves.

I’ve email the file to info@bimorph.co.uk. Thanks for your quick response!

@kongGBK9K I cant replicate your error - its working fine when I test. Which version of Revit, Dynamo and BimorphNodes are you using? What geometry range are you using in Dynamo? What are your Revit units? What units are you importing the link with? Probably best to start a new thread as its not relevant to the OP and will help others if they experience the same issue.

1 Like

So in the cad file it works with with the layer called RFA_PAN_ALL but not RFA_PAN_PART 6, 7, 7.1 or 8. I am using revit 2017, dynamo 1.3. Revit units mm.

Regards

Kong Hoang

Sorry revit 2016

Regards

Kong Hoang

Link is imported as mm

Regards

Kong Hoang

Hi Thomas,

I’ve created a new thread here –

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/bimorph-nodes-curves-intersectall-error-curve-length-too-small/16321?u=konggbk9k&source_topic_id=16318

thanks,

Regards

[http://www.spacegroup.co.uk/email_disclaimer/Kong Hoang.jpg]

@kongGBK9K thanks, lets stick with this thread.

I still cant reproduce your problem. All works fine. I thought it might be caused by the link being a long distance away from the file centre, but after testing that, it still works. Can you post your problem Revit file with link attached?

The graph below works whether I use the Flatten node or not (flatten should be used if you are only intersecting one curve set from the CurveFromCADLayers node):