BimorphNodes 3.0.3 not working?

Hi All,
@Thomas_Mahon

I am having the issue with Bimorphnodes, which work with some nodes and don’t work with others (see image below)

For example, the CAD.CurvesFromCadLayers, is not working and it is showing the following Error : "unable to create lines. points are likely coincidence. Whereas the layer names node, is still working for same package version. I have tried many methods including uninstalling and installing with no avail. Do you have any idea on how to sort this issue?

Thanks in advance

Please share you DWG. Its possibly a short curve below Revits short edge tolerance. What’s odd is the handles this so your DWG will be required to work out whats going wrong.

Many Thanks for your prompt reply. I have attached the DWG file, kindly see below :

Just for your info, I am using revit 2019.6 and Dynamo 2.0.4.

Thanks

Can you upgrade to the latest version and retest. Its working with v4.1.2

Very much appreciate your assistance with this issue.

I can confirm the node works in bimorph 4.0 onwards. The problem is, you have not kept the consistency with the nodes output. For example, the CAD.CurvesFromCadLayers node has different nesting list levels via the output across multiple versions of the package, and going to use the latest package and update all the scripts that were written in 3.0.3 is very astronomical task.

I am very grateful for your input and development, depicted by the package, as it helped me and others to solve many CAD issues.
I was just wondering, if there is any other way to fix the issue for 3.0.3 version?

@_PyArchitect I can assure you the data structure hasn’t changed in any version for that node. I suspect what’s happened is a node from another package you’re using HAS changed its data structure and this node is providing an input to the CAD.CurveFromCADLayers node which in-turn changes the lacing behaviour in Dynamo so it looks like the problem lies with the BimorphNode.

I always encourage everyone to use the most up-to-date version - its the most stable and if there are any breaking changes, like for example changes to data structure outputs (which would require different nesting levels) you’ll know about it in the release document.

1 Like

Hi,
@Thomas_Mahon @_PyArchitect
I think it’s because of the units setting.

my project setting meter

Bimorph Nodes 3.0.3 installed

2 Likes

I think the nesting as you pointed out, seems to be abrupted by other packages, which are causing this dilemma. I will definitely consider updating the package at some point in future.

Thanks for your time and assistance in making thins clearer to me.

1 Like

Thanks @volkan.isik

I followed your settings and it worked instantly.

Apparently, the issue is associate with curve tolerance by Revit and by re-setting the units all worked with no issue.

So pleased and greatful to see the immediate responses and help offered in this forum. Thanks again guys