Batch Print PDF

Hi, I removed my Python script to create a ViewSet instead I select the ViewSet which was already created outside of Dynamo. Still no luck creating the PDFs though.

20.03.16-SPFILE-.txt (1.5 KB)

a1 test title block.rfa (500 KB)

testing printing pdfs Plan B #5.dyn (79.1 KB)

Try to simplify your graph to find the culprit.
Here is a simple example :

Batch Print PDF.dyn (21.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi Alban,

Thanks for that tip. I tried simplifying mine and then tried yours they still don’t work. It is possible because I am using CutePDF? Which is the only one I can use.

Hi all, first off let me say that I am quite a newbie to the Dynamo world so please bear with me.
I’ve recently tried the simplified script that Alban shared above (Thank you Alban!), but I can’t get it to work consistently. It seems to be an issue with the views input. Does anyone know what the input should be for ‘Views’ in the GeniusLoci_PrintPDF node? I.e. does it need a list of element ids, or can I use sheet number or name? Eventually I would prefer to print a select number of views (i.e. filtered by view sets or parameter) rather than printing all in one go.
Many thanks in advance!

The input must be a view element preferably a sheet :
sheet
You can’t use sheet number or sheet name for this input.

So I have been looking at this print to pdf for awhile now. I currently have RTV Tools which does what I need at a cost of course. But what I am struggling with and have found. Is that if I try to put in the Sheet Name after the Sheet Number if does not finish its run.

Your graph seems correct and it is working for me with Adobe PDF or PDFCreator.
Unfortunately, I can’t test with Bluebeam PDF.

Strange…Sometimes it works, sometimes I get null and sometimes I get trace back errors.

Then you have Dynamo Player. It sometimes prints and sometimes doesn’t…But never errors out.

Can we do autosave in the folder?

With most virtual PDF printer (PDF24, AdobePDF), you can set a fixed output folder in the printer properties.
With PDFCreator, you can dynamically determine with Dynamo the output folder.

Hi, is there a way to filter by viewset? I want to print in viewset, thanks

I’ve struggled with this same problem, got it to work but the necessary PDF printer didnt met the quality I needed.

And then I found out there were free plugins available that solves everything you need…

1 Like

Yep ProSheets mitigates the need for dynamo batch printing mostly. Amazing that it’s free!

2 Likes

Hello Alban,

Thanks for sharing its working.
One more i want to add when print the PDF its directly saved into the folder. can we do that?

one more how to select set in Dynamo 2.12, revit 2022

I am trying to do the batch print across multiple projects but am new to Dynamo. I’ve followed along your graph and ran into this error message. Is it possible to do this batch print across projects if they are central files and not local? When I switch the connection from filepath to detachfrom central on the Applications.OpenDocumentFile I get a null result at the end. Any tips on what I am doing wrong here?