Batch Exporting Parameters from Multiple .RFA Files to a Single Excel Worksheet

I am attempting to export parameters from multiple .RFA files in a batch process to a single Excel worksheet. However, I’ve encountered an issue: the data from consecutive RFA files is overwriting the previous entries, as it starts from Row 0 every time. How can I ensure that the rows are populated consecutively in the same Excel worksheet when exporting data from multiple files using Dynamo?
Also,I am doing it in Revit 2021 for DataTypes as it supports the ParameterType Enum.

I have attached my DYN script and would greatly appreciate assistance from the Dynamo community!

Feel free to share any additional details or clarify specific requirements, and we’ll work together to find a solution! :blush:

@GavinCrump
@MaxHue
@c.poupin

Family Parameter and DataTypes Export.dyn (38.4 KB)

Collate the data in rows in a single run instead by opening/reading/closing each family doc, then write all of that to Excel. Dynamo does not append to excel, it rewrites the file generally.

I’ll be adjusting my Crumple nodes to achieve this workflow in a month or so as currently a lot of my familydoc nodes don’t support one/many relationships for docs.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. I will explore this workflow. :slight_smile:

In case you don’t want to open all the familydocs at once and keep using the current script logic, you could open the written excel first (if none found use an empty list) and append the parameters to the existing list.
This might not be an elegant solution though.

1 Like

I found the solution. Thanks :slight_smile:

To show the upcoming nodes in my package and how much easier they will make it, I’ll give a sneak preview. I’m still working on the return trip (set parameters by value etc.). It’s quite tricky as some values such as elements don’t make it naturally in/out of Excel, so I’ll need to introduce some syntax to my workflow when it comes to Element Ids and missing parameters by document.

1 Like

Looks very promising!
I am looking forward to the new realase !! :slight_smile:

1 Like