Automatic Save

Translated by moderator. See below the line for the original post.

Which dynamo node or package could I create a routine to save my revit file according to the user’s specified time?

Original post below

qual nó ou pacote do dynamo que eu conseguiria fazer uma rotina para ir salvando o meu arquivo revit de acordo com tempo especificado do usuario?

@JULIOGUIMARAESPROJET

https://forum.dynamobim.com/guidelines

@JULIOGUIMARAESPROJET the forum language is English. This is requirement to get search to work, or I’d reply to every post by practicing my swedish. Please translate all future posts as I did in my edit to your post using an online translation service of your choice.

2 Likes

Welcome. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem like a task for Dynamo. A Dynamo graph must be executed each time the function is meant to run, which means there’s no “auto-running” a graph. Revit doesn’t have a background save either, so this would always end with an interruption in work. A better option might be to set the automatic sync reminder to prompt for save/sync on the specified time.

3 Likes

Hi @JULIOGUIMARAESPROJET As Everyone mentioned there is no auto-running, save and i totally agree with them.

In case u still need a workaround to keep the auto-save and run it automatically. I’ll suggest write a simple workflow for saving the revit file, keep dynamo open at back and use periodic as shown below by setting the time u want the graph to run .

P.S.:- It’s just a workaround in case u still want to go with it.

Regards,
BM