AutoCAD Block to Revit Familie

Hi @RubenVivancos, thanks for the information, yes, you are right, I already tested this workflow, but for me the result in a family is very bad there are a lot of faces/edges…

Cheers

Try to create a DirectShape by Geometry.

1 Like

Hi @Deniz_Maral thank-you for your answer but the problem is to get the correct geometry (“DirectShape.ByGeometry” node require Geometry as input :slight_smile: )
Have a good day
Cheers

If you import Geometry from .sat file and convert it to DirectShape you will not see those faces and edges. I thought that was your problem :slight_smile:

3D solids don’t have triangular faces if the input source is solid/STEP file

Hi @RubenVivancos thank you for your reply, what is node/package/python node that you use for import STEP file directly with dynamo?
Thanks

Hi @Deniz_Maral thank you for your reply, I alredy try import Geometry from .sat file and convert it to DirectShape the problem is the family is not recognise completly, “Element.Geometry” node not recognize proprely the true complex geometry like mechanical motors, etc and very often I have fatal errors in RFA or into RVT project
Is there another workarond?
For clarify I alredy used some nodes:
FamilyInstance.ByGeometry
FamilyType.ByGeometry
ꟿ DirectShape.ByGeometry
DirectShape.ByGeometry
DirectShape.ByMesh
ImportGeometriesBySSET+Form.ByGeometry
DirectShape.FromRevitGeometry
ꟿ Form.ByGeometry
ImportInstance_BySATFile
ImportInstance.ByGeometries
ImportInstance.ByGeometryAndView
MeshToolkit

Is there another node that can use?
Thanks for your efforts
Cheers

1 Like

Do you have geometry as solid? DirectShape.ByGeometry can take as Solid or Polysurface or Mesh.

Hi @Deniz_Maral thanks for your reply, yes of course I have also an issue if I use “DirectShape.ByGeometry” node:

Thanks
Cheers

Filter elements and take only solids. Use RemoveIfNot node and take only solids. After that youse Solid.ByUnion then parse it.

1 Like

Hi @Deniz_Maral thank you for your answer but the result is that the family generated is not like the geometry into .sat file saved from the original .step file of the custumer.
Thanks
Cheers

1 Like

Convert STEP file to SAT or STL file and load it with Dynamo. I use AutoCAD to double check that geometry is correct before, sometimes the conversion of format breaks the surfaces in corners, it does really badly with Rhino.

The pain is that 3d models are composed by many objects, blocks inside other blocks.

I recorded a sample:

Hi @RubenVivancos thank you for your answer and your nice record, I use alredy this workaround with Inventor, not Autocad, but the result is not acceptable for the costumer, he doesn’t like see many edges/mesh into Revit RFA family. Frequently the geometry came from complicate mechanical equipements is correctly visible into Navisworks, Inventor or Autocad but when you convert or import into RFA family the some geometry disappear, Revit can’t recognise some geometry. Is there another free workarond?
Heve a good day
Cheers

1 Like

Olá. Você poderia me compartilhar seu script? Irei me ajudar demais! Desde já agradeço.

For me it didn’t work. Should I blow up the cad file? What to do?

Hi, mine also had the same problem. Did you discover the problem?