Associate multiple parameters to multiple elements (list@levels)

Good morning group,

I’m trying to set to multiple families, multiple parameters. The complexity of it is that not all the families have the same parameters so:

-Each family in the same group of level 2 in the FAMILIES node have the same parameters.
-Each list in level 2 of PARAMETERS NAME node are the different parameters within the families in the previous families
-Each value in PARAMETERS VALUES node in level 3 refers to the parameters within a group of families with the same parameteres.

So in the end I could split the lists in levels 2, 2, 3 and work with them separately. Thats why I used Levels List, but it seem I am not achieving the result I wanted.

Any Ideas of what I am doing wrong or how to fix it?

The solution of splitting it in three cases is not feasible as this values come from previous calculations and the amount of cases can vary.
I’ve also seen a solution around with the List.Combine node, but I think that was useful befor developing the List@Levels, isn’t it? Or that can still help?

Thanks,

-In light blue: group of families in first list that have the parameters in the first list of PARAMETERS NAME node
-In magenta: group of families in second list that have the parameters in the second list of PARAMETERS NAME node
-In dark blue: group of families in third list that have the parameters in the third list of PARAMETERS NAME node
-In red: parameters names of families of third list in FAMILIES nodes that have its values in the third list of PARAMETERS VALUES node
-In green: H parameter of families of third list of FAMILIES node and the values corresponding to each family in PARAMETERS VALUES node

What is the error you’re seeing?

Also, it looks as if you’re trying to write multiple values to the same parameter, which is a no-go.

@jacob.small Hi, I also have a similar question. Because I have very big difficulty in understanding List@Level in Dynamo.

The idea is somehow easier.
I am trying to create a list that can add two parameters (list length + list data) to the original list [A, B, C]
the final result will be
[0] A_2_2
[1] A_2_4
[2] B_3_3
[3] B_3_5
[4] B_3_7
[5] C_4_4
[6] C_4_6
[7] C_4_8
[8] C_4_10

if possible to go a little bit further,
0 List
[0] A_2_2
[1] A_2_4
1 List
[0] B_3_3
[1] B_3_5
[2] B_3_7
2 List
[0] C_4_4
[1] C_4_6
[2] C_4_8
[3] C_4_10

I can do it very easily in Grasshopper, but not in Dynamo

This video and the next in the series should clear it up. You only need to listen to the 15 minute or so of presentation in each - skip the Q&A and the intro of you want.

If not, please start a new topic.

3 Likes