Assigning Phase Sequence to Parameter

Hi Everyone,

New to dynamo. I’m trying to assign the phase sequence values circled below to a parameter, but can’t seem to grab those values. I’m sure I’m missing something fundamental, thanks for the help.

That value is the element Id, same as shown in the pipe list. Phases are actually assigned by element which is why the GetParameterValueByName node returns the whole element, not the name or the Id. This is actually a great way to determine what format or object type you need to send to a specific parameter because it will always (as far as I’m aware) match the format in which Dynamo returns the same parameter value.

I see, thanks Nick. I suppose my follow-up question is if there is a way to grab these phase sequence values:

That’s just the Sequence Number parameter. You can get it through the API or through nodes.

2 Likes

Wonderful stuff - thank you, Nick!

@Nick_Boyts I should have been more specific. I was hoping to grab the phase sequences of each element, not just the phase sequences in the project. My end goal is to assign the phase of each element to a new parameter which will be used in Revit to create a phase tag. I’m having to do this in dynamo because phase isn’t an available category inside of Revit tags.

It’s the same process. I just used the project phases as an example.