Arkance Systems Node Library Feedback Thread

Hey Anton,

Is it possible to return null or not add a point to the list result for the “Surface.GetPointsOnSpots” if the inputted dynamo (x, y) points are not on the surface? I have a project where I’m trying to do earthwork analysis and I’m trying to sample two surfaces on a grid and create one single datum surface from whichever has the lower elevations. I made a bunch of edits to this script I wrote here: Is there a way to get surfaces volumes from Dynamo? - #28 by WrightEngineering

To try to allow it to scale better to a real world application with “dirty” surface data. I spent a good amount of time doing this but unfortunately ran into a wall when the “Surface.GetPointsOnSpots” node was returning an empty list. Because of this i’ve had to take a different approach where I create cogo points on a grid using the other available Arkance nodes, raise them to the surface manually, and then filter out the ones at 0’ elevation and delete the higher elevation nodes to generate the surface.

I’m okay with this new solution as it allows a visualization of what is going on with the cogo points; however, it would be nice to have a more streamlined solution.

Thanks,
Shaun

1 Like