Apply Scope Box to Specific Views

Thanks Steinh6.

This is what I have so far. I am not sure how to get the last character in a view name. What you see in the image below of my graph is the result as is. I know I am missing stuff, I am just not sure what else is needed.

Thanks for your help again.

Your Values need to be the Scope Boxes themselves, not strings:

Edit: the errors are fine, they’re just saying they couldn’t find a dictionary value (scope box) for the plan views that don’t end in “Area [ X ]”

I know it’s an older post, here is my solution on it. I would be welcome to criticism on my workflow.Scope Boxes By View Name and Name Key.dyn (85.7 KB)

My solution too :slight_smile:
AssignScopeBoxToView.dyn (125.4 KB)

I’m having trouble finding a solution to this challenge. I’m able to sort out the views but when I get to Element Set Parameter By Name I’m getting errors. Help would be appreciated.

SetScopeBoxes.dyn (42.9 KB)

Hi @Matt_Dyno and welcome, you are feeding the Element.SetParameterByName nodes string values, try this instead:

Thanks for the response. That would by pass the list filtering views by “RCP”. I ended up going with setting the scope boxes when creating the dependent views so I didn’t have to assign the views after. Hope this helps anyone working through this.
ViewDependentScopeBoxes_Final.dyn (74.8 KB)

1 Like

just set the Scope Box value to “None” without the quotation mark as a code block.