Align points and solids with surface

Hi there,

I Imported a surface from revit and i am trying to make a running brick wall.

I managed to get the points in the location i need, but the when i translate points and place cuboids they do not align with the surface.

Can someone help?

Wall Grid with bricks.dyn (24.3 KB)

1 Like

@jorge.vieira You’ll need to post the Revit file too

Sorry about that.

Revit model attached

Gen Brick wall test.rvt (1.7 MB)

@jorge.vieira This should solve your problem

Wall Grid with bricks.dyn (1.7 MB)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help Vikram.

The Cuboids aligned nicely, but the geometry translate is still not on the surface.

Is there a way to translate using the surface as a coordinate system?

Many thanks

@jorge.vieira I suppose this should be alright
Wall Grid with bricks.dyn (35.8 KB)

3 Likes

Vikram, Excelent.

Works Perfect.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Hello Vikram!
I tried this on my Wall (I have a Wall that is curve both in plan anda elevation). It align perfectly with my surface. However, the geometry of bricks set does’t work.

Am I doing something wrong?

thank you

I’m sending my file by Wetransfer

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8e628f66b0bd42695a34790be3a0e3b220170127153436/436aab8bbd834783e46c49a994229e4220170127153436/597a58

This thread has been solved already. It would be better to continue this discussion where it began:

You can reach people on the forum by using the @ tool, but it’s also important to read the forum guidelines first (if you didn’t yet):

Hello, I would like to create a brick facade which curves in plan and section. The Wall grid with bricks above was very helpful as starting point. I would like the bricks to not ‘warp’ though, so that the orthogonal geometry creates a stepping texture across the warped host plane. I assume this is the appropriate thread, I can include an image to help illustrate what I’m looking for if need be, thanks in advance for any help!