Aims & Skills

Greetings

İm a graduate student in NE university Computer Engineering science since 2005,
have few lectures left overthere but i dont have enough money to finish it. so i started drawing… it was harsh time to find freelance clients and a job that can afford my expances but look at now… :slight_smile:
now im working in a company that uses revit for architectural modelling. they simply draws models from point cloud and cad drawings… as many of you know much of the architects or tecnicians draw cad non-modeling friendly… there are many hatch errors using line instead of poly line and ofcourse careless about layering… so i come up with dynamo…
i know exactly nothing about dynamo but know few about c# and 3dmodelling… i guess that is good enough for starting…
im aiming to write an algorithm that inspects lines in cad link, recognizes them and seperates each from other, then another algorythm for walling, column placing and floor and cealing arranging… that will reduce my work load a lot.
in times that i tried to earn from modelling the biggest obstacle in my way is close minded selfish people that keeps their little knowladge for themselves. They belive hiding “worldly known knowladge” will give them the advantage of an inventor… so they are wrong… and the inventors who is selfish with their inventions are wrong too… knowladge is for everyone who needs it… that is the idea of free world… i belive knowladge in openminded, pesimist hands is freedom and freedom will spread with sharing… i will newer give up on people, Atatürk never give up on us and in the way that he points i will never give up on sharing…

so this is the begining… any advice on dynamo scripting will be awesome… hope to publish my first inspector algorythm in 2 weeks… for now fare thee well freeworld where or when ever you are…

2 Likes

thnx for care

i didnt mention using c# but after your reply i made a little research and foundout ways to improve scripting with dynamo…
i had found some nodes for creating walls and using cad links. so i have come out with a proof for my idea of making an algorythm that recognizes cad link and build walls with the inspected data from that cad file. so in the end of day i see that we can catagorize data from cad link and can build wall with the data we obtain from cad link. i also shared the information i obtain with my workgroup partners and they are not willing to imrove it… any way i have a task to accomplish… i will make an algorythm that recognizes data from cad link and draws walls around that data… there are many elements we should draw and there are much more buildings we have to draw… i dont know where the search will lead in to but one way or another i need this algorythm… so before pythonz and c#, i have to draw a back bone with dynamo script… and it will come up soon but start to consider about revit macros… is it possible to make a macro that will help my idea of algorythm ???

A few tips on developing your script:

1. Macro/addin/dynamo all rely on Revit API. It doesn’t matter which platform you use, just pay attention to the pros and cons. Dynamo is easy to start with, and you can always ask for help here.

2. In Dynamo you can extract CAD geometry from linked file - there are dynamo nodes for that. But I personally prefer (in Windows platform) COM interface through which many CAD features are available.

3. http://repl.it/ is an in-browser interpreter for code practice.

1 Like

Hi

I like the way you think and I will be happy to help you to accomplish this goal. Please find below a link that will teach you the process that you are looking for.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/note-autocad-revit-through-dynamo-strpart-12-jia-lin-chou

1 Like

I don’t know how to thank, but you cost me an eureca moment… yes this lecture saves alot of time of resarch but comes with foreseen difficulties… hatches are problem but i started to work on a python algorythm for “welding nearby hatches” and have to come up with an idea of a script that recognizes architectural wall in proper “layer id” after that creates exelgraph for walls drawed with architetureal standart in my country" will took a few week more weekend i guess

Hi there,

Having ambition is good but you need a plan on how to make them true. If i understood correctly you dont have experience with dynamo at all and have already set your eyes on building a workflow that would revolutionize your work.

I would recommend by analyzing your existing workflow and trying to make it as efficient as possible only than start using dynamo on automatizing certain tasks but still control everything as you would do normally. As simple as this.You will find a lot more help in this forum when you start making the right questions and start being specific on issues.

Good luck, Its a journey worth it.

1 Like

thnx for good wishes…

you are right about work flow and auto done things… and yes i come out with Floor by Selection, Wall By Selection, Roof By selection, Shaft By Selection Scriprs… Now im perfecting theese scripts for wall, floor, roof, shaft by selection
and here is the question…

now im trying to make selection from curves have xxx distance and offset them xxx/2 to each other then need to combine all offseted lines then delete repeated geometry so here is the workflow

search by distance.dyn (34.2 KB)

any advice will be awesome esspecially for getting “offset direction” and “combining curves”