Adding new parameter and use that in same script

Hi, I am using Elementsetparameter.byname to assign value to element. the parameter name is not already existing in project, am creating the parameter in this current script but its not working.
Do i need to run seperate script for creating the parameter first prior to this?
Any help?

Yes, I guess you need to make it on two separate scripts. By the way, what it is the yellow warning about?

Look the output of the Parameter.CreateProjectParameter node which is the Parameter, but the input of the Element.SetParameterByName node is the NAME of the parameter.

Regards

yes, if try run second time its working…

1 Like

Hi Arquimanu, Output of the Create project parameter is currently showing null, and the yellow warning is 'no parameter found by that name. Thanks

Hi @Ganeshkumar,
try use passthrough node from clockwork package between “Parameter.CreateProjectParameter” and “Element.SetParameterByName” nodes.
Cheers

1 Like

Not required
Element.SetParameterByName expects the Parameter Name as a string (not the created Project Parameter)

projectParameter.dyn (18.4 KB)

1 Like

Thanks @Vikram_Subbaiah, its works fine, I guess i need to click twice if i use manual Run option, if its in automatic run mode it works perfect.

Thanks @paris, I like the function passthrough, but couldnt get it right, Please have a look,

1 Like

any thoughts on to include passthrough node, currently not working, any help? thanks

Hi @Ganeshkumar
can you show the error in the node "Element.Set parameterbyname?
Cheers

Hi @paris, the error sayes ‘no parameter found by that name’

Hi @Ganeshkumar
Try use passthrough between string node (element level) and “element set parameter by name” node. Cheers

1 Like

That works well, Thanks @paris & @Vikram_Subbaiah

can you share the graph?

Sure,

1 Like