Add room calculation point to MEP accessories (duct/pipe)

Hello DynamoBIM
I’m running some big projects and we found some problems.
We are using a lot of Duct Accessories and Air Terminals. We filter our Air Terminals by Space Number and Space Name.
Is it possible to do that for Accessories too? I know that Air Terminals use Room Calculation Point and that Accessories don’t have them.

I tried this thread: http://dynamobim.org/forums/topic/modify-room-calculation-point-toggle-builtin-parameter/
but it didn’t work.

What can I do to fix this?

Btw, great work in the previous thread, Konrad! ^

1 Like

Hi,
Are you looking to filter Duct/Pipe Accessories in each space?

Exactly!

But with Space Number and Space Name as a part of it.
I was wondering if it is possible with a kind of Room Calculation Point, like it is with Air Terminals

Connect all Duct/pipe Accessories to custom node called “Element.Space” from Rhythm package. You will get all DA/PA of each space.https://dynamonodes.com/2016/01/27/element-space/

Here are some other possible ways to achieve:

Thank you!
I will try that as soon as my Dynamo will work again (it just broke down).
Is it possible to add a instance parameter to the Accessories I can use to filter in my schedules?

Yes, its possible to filter by instance parameter also.
There are lot of ways to filter.

Hm.
I mean. Is it possible to filter the duct accessories with space number and name now I have created your Dynamo example?

Schedule example.

Accessory type | Space Number | Space name
Silencer | Nr. 201 | Living room

or can I create an instance parameter from Dynamo that can do that for me?

You can do both ways.

How? :slight_smile:
I’m trying but it dosen’t work.
I’m looking for a parameter what works automatic, not where I have to fill it manual.

That’s my problem now.

Can you show me your graph?

I’ve used your graph and now I’m trying with GetParameterByName and sort the parameter Space Number out of the list created from your graph.

Am I totally wrong?
I want the Space Number to be placed in my SpaceTagDynamo parameter, from Revit.

Line based items are a little difficult to get their room location point. But you can get a point along is curves and tie that to Space.IsPointInside from Rhythm.

Elements>Element.Location(clockwork)>Point.AtParameter(0.5)>Element.IsPointInSpace

That should get you started.

This is what I got.

@Christian_Vestesen My bad, I was overthinking it. This is as simple as using Element.Space from Rhythm.

(I originally thought you said ducts)

Thank you!
And how can I get that space number into a instance parameter in my Duct Accessories family? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job. It can’t recognise the name though. Saying “null”.

And now it is working. My strings were wrong. The solution from Tomasz was right.
Thank you people!

Hi,

This may sound like a stupid question to you but how do I get the nullgetparameter node? It doesn’t appear when I search for it.

Thanks