Add alignment in Dynamo

First post. This is my first time using Dynamo. How do you add an alignment in Dynamo? Also, where can I find good resources for using the program? Thanks.

If you mean create a new alignment in Civil 3D, this currently cannot be done with OOTB nodes. You’d have to use Python for this. But if you mean getting alignment geometry into Dynamo, then you can use these nodes:

Alignment Nodes

For resources, this forum is the best place to learn. The Dynamo Primer will be helpful as well.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I’m referring to the later…I would like to “see” the alignment in Dynamo. Those options appear to just give data of the alignment.

There are many ways you could approach it, but here is one example. This script will give you a polycurve of the alignment. However, it only works if the alignment is made up of arcs and tangents - spirals won’t work. Credit to @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 for the initial legwork on this one, I just modified it a little bit.

Note that you’ll need to get the Civil 3D Toolkit package for this in order to query the alignment subentities.

AlignmentGeometry.dyn (37.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll take a look at it.

Is there a way for you to create a Screencast of the process?

Change the alignment name to match what is in your drawing and then click Run (or set to Automatic).

2 Likes

This is great to know. Thanks for sharing!