Ad multiple sublist together with multiple requirements

clockwork
excel
revit
dynamo

Hello everybody,

This is my first time posting here because i cann’t find a answer for my dynamo script.
what i want to do is to sum sublist 1 when every item in sublist 0 is the same.

so when i have got the list like this:

0 list
– 0 list
----- A
----- B
----- C
–1 list
1 list
– 0 list
----- D
----- E
----- F
–1 list
2 list
– 0 list
----- A
----- B
----- C
–1 list

it will create this:

0 list
– 0 list
----- A
----- B
----- C
–1 list
1 list
– 0 list
----- D
----- E
----- F
–1 list

I hope you guys understand what i mean

With kind regards,
J. Wagemaker

Hey, not very elegant, but try this maybe? @kennyb6 is great at this stuff :slight_smile:

For me, the list transpose and group by key are the important bits… I couldn’t do the grouping with Key and Value both being lists of lists (dictionaries also failed me, I’m sure @JacobSmall will point out an obvious way :P)

SumSubLists.dyn (14.5 KB)

Hope that helps,

Mark

@Mark.Ackerley’s solution works quite well by the looks of it, but I interpret the question differently.

I’d create a string from the original array, an use that to sum the lists, and then do a List.GroupByKey, followed by Math.Sum and a List.Create. A better solution might be to use a dictionary though.

This can probably be optimized more but it works (and without python @JacobSmall :wink:):

Should be all OOTB nodes.

This is using @JacobSmall’s method from above:

The only reason I don’t like this method is that if the keys aren’t strings, you will need some way to convert to a string. For numbers, this is easy but if it is elements or something, you will need to get its Id, which is just more pain on top of it.

I actually thought String.FromArray as if it was ACB it wouldn’t want to add any of the sums. Could be misunderstanding though.

String from array doesn’t allow list levels, so it would turn the whole thing into a single string. I tried it too :frowning: Would need to use List.Map but I personally dislike using it lol

I got it working!
Thanks a lot Mark, Jacob and Kenny.