2D lines into 3D objects using sweep

Hi! I am new to dynamo and I am trying to produce a script which uses the sweep function on certain 2d lines so they become 3D objects and can be seen in another program that only accepts 3D objects.
The lines are on specific layers so my thoughts in terms of workflow would be;
Identify objects on layers - specify sweep specifications - output sweep

Can anyone help with which nodes to use? Perhaps even how to put them up? I have tried to do it myself but keep getting confused about the nodes are “asking” for.

Hi @matilde.siewertsen and welcome here…could you show an image where you are stock, then its easier to get help and help :wink:

2 Likes

Hi thank you for your time, I have uploaded what I have done so far (with errors), I am trying to make the objects be recognized by layer and not by type, so as to not make every single polyline into a 3D object

I am ok, can you show the error message?

1 Like

Hola Amiga @matilde.siewertsen Buenas. It sounds to me that it is a Levels problem although I am not 100% sure, I imagine that they are not continuous lines that is to say that they start one after the other but rather independent polylines, can you share your .dwg file to verify it? Normally when this does not work it is because the profile is not perpendicular to the path or the solids interfere with each other or similar things!

A second look looks like dynamo can’t get the geometry, then everything else fails, it’s almost always because the lines are overlapping each other an overkill in C3D works to remove the overlapping; or the node unique Items to get only 1 Polyline should work also!!