Zone Hvac or system - Geometries

@daniel82KGE you are right, after a while it will return an empty list, Revit did crash while testing it, I do not know if something is wrong with the GetBoundaries method for generic zone, it worked perfectly with Filled Regions, the thing I noticed is that within the Revit Lookup, the boundaries list is inaccessible for generic zone while it is for filled region, @jacob.small any hints?
Anyways, accessing the sketch to get the boundary is not a bad idea, saved by the Springs package :slight_smile:

I am not sure how to build such a thing in Revit… can someone post an RVT with the failing and passing geometry?

Hi Jacob,
You just need a rvt empty with 2 or 3 GenericZone create with Zone system.
And try to get Geometry with Python or Dynamo.
Electrical need some zone like Zone-HVAC for many reason. But the are not implemeant in Revit at this time. So we try to do something with element existing now in Revit.
Zone HVAC are useful also for electrical.
But my job for teaching how to give a better use of Revit is to search any thing that can by use by everyone.
Daniel OLIVÈS
Anse-RhĂ´ne

Hi Elie,
Thank’s that is the solution for me.
Daniel OLIVÈS
Anse-RhĂ´ne

1 Like

@jacob.small if you select the Zone element it will return an empty list, if you create a new zone it will return a list of lines, then it will get back to an empty list if you re-select it.
System-Zone.dyn (4.4 KB)
System-Zone.rvt (1.7 MB)

1 Like