Zero Touch Nodes Renaming and Multiversion package

Hey folks!
I’m diving into zero-touch nodes, and now that I’ve got things “kinda under control,” I want to take it a step further. Two things I have no clue where to start and haven’t found much (if any) documentation on:

1. How can I make my package multiversion, compatible with versions 2021 to 2024, for example? I’ve made just for 21
  2. This one’s more of a whim, but I’m curious to know how to add the package name to my node names, like Orchid or Rhythm nodes (see attached image, the small name before the node name).

Thanks a bunch, everyone!

1 Like

Hello @john_pierson , I think you are the most suitable person to answer my question since no one has answered me yet (I would have been satisfied with a random answer from someone saying ‘sorry, but I don’t know’ xD). If you could give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi there Rubén, here are my answers.

1. I use shared projects and build a version of the package for each Revit version. For deploying this, I really only see two options (if for public use).
    a. Create an installer that installs the appropriate version for each Revit version. OpenMEP from @chuongmep has great resources for this.
    b. My method (which I am still documenting). I use a combination of an extension and a view extension to auto-load the correct DLL after installation from the package manager.

Shared Project Setup:

1. Rhythm uses a View Extension and renames nodes on placement if they’re of the Rhythm namespace. I believe Orchid uses the same method and code from here:
    https://github.com/johnpierson/RhythmForDynamo/blob/2e2bf0b81fadcd3380b2ad8517bac1f2b42130bd/src/RhythmViewExtension/RhythmViewExtension.cs#L145