Zero Touch node descriptions in C++

Hello,

I would like to know how I can give descriptions to a Zero Touch node and its parameters. I understand that there is a non-Zero-Touch approach as written as Method 3 [here]. However, I found some other classes and methods like List.FirstIndexOf() that have its descriptions written as XML-style comments, then these are shown in Dynamo. Screenshots are shown below.

My question is whether these node descriptions are really from the comments? The reason I am asking this is because I would like to use the same approach to give descriptions to my own Zero Touch nodes. I use these XML-style comments to write a Doxygen documentation, but they do not appear in Dynamo. I suppose I may have missed one or two steps. A small difference is that I write the node in C++/CLI instead of C#, but I am not sure if this is the cause.

Thank you for your help.

John

FirstIndexOf

Are you creating the XML file during your build?

3 Likes

Hi John,

As I am using C++/CLI, here is my configuration. It doesn’t generate anything however. I will take a look at it and get back to you.

John

Many thanks John. So this works in C#. I now need to find out how I can generate the same XML from C++/CLI files.

One question though: how do I put an icon to the bubble, like in the FirstIndexOf image I attached to the first post?

John

3 Likes

Thank you very much Andreas, I’ll try it out.

For the benefit of other C++/CLI coders, the option to generate the XML document is accessible in the Property Pages > Configuration Properties > C/C++ > Output Files > Generate XML Documentation Files > Choose "Yes (/doc)". The result is shown below.

John

3 Likes