XY Angle of Pipes

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to make this graph for quite a while now, I hope someone can help me out. I’m using Revit 2016 and dynamo version 1.2.

I am trying to place a slope arrow (which is just a generic annotation as I’ve read you can’t place the out of the box slope arrows using dynamo) onto the center line of a pipe.

I have been trying to calculate the angle by creating a plane at the mid point of the pipe and projecting a line along the x axis as the generic family is modeled along the x reference plane. (I’ve made the length 5000 just so i can see it in the dynamo viewer). I would then calculate the angle between the line along the x plane and the center line.

Some of them seem to work but the majority aren’t rotating correctly, although they are pointing in the right direction (ish). If someone could help me that would be great. I’ve attached the .dyn file and a few screenshots below.

I have placed revit slope arrows in the revit file just to compare, I have tried to upload the revit file but it’s too bug unfortunately. It’s just a bunch of pipes of varying lengths and slopes for your reference.

Thanks,

Tom

Pipe slopes angle test.dyn (29.5 KB)

Managed to find a solution, I stumbled upon this thread on the landarchbim website. It’s a post about placing slopes on a floor but i’ve amended it to work on pipes. Thanks to whoever the poster is on this website, it’s made my life a lot easier!

Good afternoon.
I am trying to place a slope arrow (which is just a generic annotation as I’ve read you can place the out of the box slope arrows using dynamo) onto the center line of a pipe. Could you help to me how can do.
Thanks