Spot slopes of pipes

Hi!
Do you know if it’s possible to create spot slopes of pipes using Dynamo? I didn’t see any solution for that.
I’m attaching the photo to visualise what I mean.

Yes.

1 Like

I tried this script but it seems like with pipes it doesn’t work…

Hmm sorry i thought you might like a python challenge :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway… there are so many people who have shown this previously that you can google it pretty easily.

Haha maybe I would like it if I more understand Python and Revit API :sweat_smile:

Maybe I’m writing wrong things in google and I don’t see it, because what I found is:

But this is from 2017, so I thought that maybe something changed.

This what i got when i googled it

I seen all those videos, but it’s not what I meant.
I don’t want to create a tag of Bottom of Pipe or create sloped pipes by Dynamo.
I want to create only spot slopes (so e.g. this 1.00% with arrow on the drawing).
In Revit it is creatied by Annotate → Spot Slope, so my question is if by Dynamo there is a possibility to create it?
Or maybe I need to work around it e.g. creating a tag with slope and adding a loadable family of arrow to it? (but then I will need to think how to make arrow witch will show correct direction of slope)

Ooooooooooo yea mybad sorry.
I have done this in the past a long time, but i also used a video reference.

Let me find it for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm sorry,

looks like i was mistaken, the workaround i used was to get the information from a pipe and store it in a custom family (smaller than the pipe, but inside the pipe) place that family inside the pipe segment and then tag that family with the value of the slope of the pipe.

This is NOT a good solution, its going to bulk up your model a lot and i stopped using it a long time ago and TBH i forgot about it.

So i cannot help you here sorry, Maybe someone else has since looked at this in greater detail and has a more freindly solution for you.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Oh okay, anyway thanks for trying help!