Xref multiple DWGs

Note:
This topic is split from Rename XREFs in multiple dwgs - #54

Greetings,
Hope you are doing well today.
I am trying to duplicate Shaun’s dyn using your Camber package instead of Shaun’s Python script block.
I am not even close to that point yet, i am just trying to use the Camber nodes to XREF one file to another, and I am having trouble getting that to work.
Assumptions and questions:
Xref.InsertFromFile node - it this the correct node to use?
If so:
document = Source dwg to XREF into destination document?
block = Destination dwg to XREF into
FilePath = ? “String” String for source or destination?
overlay = no question
Coordinate System = is this something like “NAD83 North Carolina State Planes, US Foot” or “NAD83F” or just the location and rotation, like 0,0,0 0
name = no question
layer = no question

Is this the best place to ask the other questions I will have when i try and feed it lists of XREF dwgs to insert?

Thank you in advance.
Boris

You got it!

Other way around. This is the destination document, which in this case can only be the current document using the Document.Current node.

This is the block that you want the xref to be added to in the document. In most cases, I would assume this to be model space. But in theory you can stick it in whatever block you want, such as a paper space layout.

The path to the source DWG that you want to create a reference to.

It’s a Dynamo coordinate system object, which covers insertion point, scale, and rotation. It will default to inserting at the origin with no rotation and a scale factor of 1 in all directions.

As a side note…hovering over the input ports on any node will give you a description (if there is one):

Example usage:

If you need to do multiple, just input a list of file paths.

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.
Below is what I have so far.

Is there a way to turn the inputs off at the player level. I have attached an image of the player, and as you can see I want to be able to have multiple input browse buttons, but I do not what to have to use them all. The way it is now, it will not let me return to and hit the “play” button until all of the inputs are Browsed out and selected.

Also, is there a way to show the Current dwg (Destination dwg) on the Player Dialog Box?

XREF Base Files To Sheet dwgs.TESTING_2_.dyn (72.9 KB)

Thank you,

Boris

I think I got it.
It is not elegant. There does not seem to be a way to turn off an input from the player, so I have defaulted the browse inputs to a dummy dwg and added an include button that keeps them from being XREFed.

Got the display of destination dwg on the player as well.

Thank you @mzjensen for you help. dyn is included for comments.

XREF Multiple dwgs to Current dwg_.dyn (83.3 KB)

Respectfully,

Boris

2 Likes

I would like to ask whether DYNAMO can take effect in multiple files at the same time? :innocent: