Why is dynamopackages.com unavailable?

De domain dynamopackages.com is used for managing packages, as far as I know. When searching for packages or publishing one, Dynamo will have a look here.

But the domain is often unavailable. I do not daily check but in case I needed it, it was about 50% of the time not available.

Since yesterday and still on, I can’t publish my package, nor can I search for new packages:

Is it just me? Or is this as designed? It could be hosted on a personal computer which is switched off during nights :upside_down_face:

It can be slow to connect, and if you search before the connection loads you can be blocked from getting any connection. Yesterday I managed multiple connections without issue.

That said, something does seem to be off today - 60+ seconds without a response indicated a timeout for some reason. I’ll bring it to the attention of the dev team.

2 Likes

I found that it hardly ever works in chrome, but runs fine at the same time in Edge, so you coukd try switching browser.

2 Likes

At this moment it is not available in Chrome and not in Edge. But I don’t need to visit the site, I want to upload my package and search for packages from within Dynamo. That doesn’t work either.

Looks like it is accessible now. Dynamo team is looking into the issue. Can you please provide this info:

1. Which version of Dynamo is this? To know which Greg version is being used.
  2. When you see no results in Dynamo, were you facing trouble accessing dynamopackages.com on a browser too?
  3. Are you connected to any VPN or something?

It is hosted on cloud so it shouldn’t be down at anytime. Also confirm if you still cannot access now as it was reported 5 hours ago.

1 Like

Weird, with Wifi the domain is not found:

With 4G I can reach the domain without any problem.

When I ping the IP address of dynamopackages.com (44.207.244.72) I receive a time-out:

But it is accessible in Chrome, though without https:

I can not imagine what could be wrong if it is my side. I have a brand new computer without VPN. A few months ago I got a new internet provider with a new modem, and I can not think of any dns blocks I could have made.

As long as I remember dynamopackages.com is often offline and after a few hours it become available again, without actions at my side. Any thoughts on this?

I have set Cloudflares DNS server in my modem and now I can find it. I don’t know why it was (sometimes) blocked by the default providers DNS server.

And again, unavailable :thinking: So it might not be the DNS server after all…

Update: and available again. Hope it will last for a while now.

Thank you for all the information Anton. We appreciate your patience and we look to resolve this soon. One more question, have you faced this issue on any other system or when you are on any other network?

I am not sure. My laptop only connects at home or at the office. If I do dynamo related stuff it is mostly at home.
It seems stable now, so maybe it was the DNS server at my side, but I really don’t know why it blocked now and then.

Thank you Anton. We will be working on this to find the root cause of the issue. This thread will be updated accordingly. Please let us know if you face this issue again in the meantime.

1 Like