Where to find string.contains custom node

Hi guys,
where can i find the string.contains custom node ?
i saw some post with this node but i cant find it in my library.

1 Like

I believe that’s from Archi-lab.

1 Like

Hi Nick_Boyts,
I wanna try it, but i have issues now to install packages,
I have reported it and the community said that they working now to fix this problem
Thanks

I saw that.
There’s also an OOTB String.Contains that you could probably get to work.

What is OOTB?

Out Of The Box…OOTB…means node that comes with the Dynamo install

The OOTB String.Contains filtered only if a string or a list of strings is eq to 1 string,
I wanna filter if 1 of the strings in a list is eq to a string in another list,

The OOTB node works - just requires you setting the lacing up correctly. See the below example of me searching for “string”, “contains”, and “search” on this thread.

EDIT: should have pointed out that i used changes in lacing several times to achieve the desired results, and that the last two watch nodes are examples of lacing producing the desired results or not on the flatten nodes.

Nice Job!
but you are not getting the exact results i’m looking for, because you are getting a list of 48 true and false answers from a list of 16 strings, i wanna and up (according to your example) with a list of 16 true and false answers,
meaning, i wanna ask every guy in the list, are you matching with one guy in the other list? yes or no?
so every string in the list should return a true or false,
Thanks

You can take your individual lists and check TrueForAny after transposing them to get the same result. It’s a little more work, but it’s all standard nodes. Plus, I assume that’s similar to how the Archi-lab node does it anyway.

Nick is correct. A list.contains node with a true input as the containing item would also work. As with previous efforts in the script, watch your lacing.

I can’t get it to work, i uploaded a snapshot, maybe with this you can help me better ,
Thanks

You need both parts:

1 Like

Lacing on your string contains node isn’t set correctly - you’re still looking at shortest not cross product.

Finally it works,
Thanks for your time,

Don’t forget to mark things solved so other community members can find the answer faster. :slight_smile:

I did

1 Like

Hi,
Now I wanna use the same script on a different project, and it doesn’t work.

dynamo023

It returns all 220 items ‘true’, it has to be only 85 items ‘true’ and the rest ‘false’.
Because I want to return ‘true’ only for the items that exist also in the top list.

Thanks

I would wager you are inputting integers and not strings :slight_smile:

They are strings, as indicated by some true values being present and no error message being thrown.

More likely there are multiple values, or duplicate numbers as ‘3’ is present in [3,13,23,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,43,53,63,73,83,93…]

Try using == to filter for exact equality instead.