Warning: Viewport.Create operation failed

What does this warning mean?
The warning came when I created a list with floorplans and AxonometricView.

Warning: Viewport.Create operation failed.
The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.Elements.ElementWrapper.Wrap(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Material, bool)’ and ‘Revit.Elements.ElementWrapper.Wrap(Autodesk.Revit.DB.FamilyInstance, bool)’

It’s a weird dynamo error that surfaces from time to time when it does not know what else to do.

For your views you are trying to place, are any of them in use on another sheet or anything?

Hi @john_pierson, thank you for youre response.

No nothing of the is use on another sheet.
I will send my script, so you can see what I do.

Sheets genereren.dyn (170.9 KB)

dynamo doesnt know which type of element to wrap :rofl:

This error came when I pushed my AxonometricView in a list with floorplans.

Appreciate the DYN, however. I think I would need some kind of minimal sample RVT to reproduce on my end. :disappointed:

:point_up: lol it is true. Dynamo freaks out and turns around like :man_shrugging:

It’s fix:

i’ve used the dynamo node.

Thanks a lot!

Still would like to at least get more information about the view(s) that failed to help prevent this in the future… Even some loose properties of what the view’s parameters are can help.

But ideally with the idea in mind of contributing to open source, a sample file would be awesome (even one with everything stripped out but a view that is doing this). That way I can reproduce, fix the node to account for it and it will work as expected for other people.

I’ve send you a personal message. Is this enough?

KG

1 Like

Thanks so much for the sample file @jw.vanasselt!

Turns out it is the equivalent of this error regarding empty views.

I will get this patched and pushed to a new Rhythm release!

Thanks again for the sample to test on.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: