Viewport Box Center

Point representing viewport box center has X,Y,Z. Why? Sheet is two dimensional.

@Andrej ,

i think z is 0,00 thats practical. it should also work for annotations, But its not logical.

KR

Andreas

1 Like

Let say :

• X,Y,Z with coordinate (123,123,0)
  • X,Y coordinate (123,123)
    When you mention a viewport box center with coordinates (X, Y, Z), it implies that you are considering a 3D space, even if the final representation is being projected onto a 2D sheet (viewport or screen). The main reason is you are project a box to Plane 2D sheet. so Z coordinates should have but value should be 0

take a look at these weird values I’m getting:

What do you get with the GetBoxOutline node in terms of min/max points, and the centerpoint? I’m wondering if the viewport contains ‘depth of view’ information somehow. :slight_smile:

No depth clipping, bounding box minimum point returns random Z values, luckily for me, this strangeness didn’t affect my work, I just sorted the detail numbers of views placed on a sheet by viewport position. Its just that sometimes I get annoyed when the machine logic (if we can call it logic) is beyond my logic.

1 Like

Every view in revit actually has a z dimension. It is kind of odd, but you can technically rotate a floor plan view into a 3d.

2 Likes